The beautiful and inspirational Kenyatta Monique of Luminous Life Links has graciously nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Kenyatta’s website and blog radiates positive energy and offers guidance and education on maintaining a healthy, confident lifestyle. It is definitely worth checking out!
Kenyatta offered a wonderful explanation of the award and I will ctrl+v it here:
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given from one blogger to another as a way to promote community and boost moral. Bloggers give this award to an equal whom they feel embody creativity and talent.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 question asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your post. “
It is similar to the Liebster Award, you really cannot have enough nominations right?*Nervous laughter*
MY FUN FACTS -Courtesy of Luminous Life Links .Thank you again for thinking of me.
- What is your biggest accomplishment to date? Mastering self-deprecation! Just kidding (kind of). As hard as it is to be, I am proud that I have accomplished anything at all i.e. successful friendships, higher education, traveling abroad, or adulting. I think my biggest accomplishment, maybe more my parents’, is growing up to be a decent person.
- Who in your life has influenced you the most? My mother. She is a powerful force and my biggest influencer. Every day I realize I am growing more and more like her, yet I am very cognizant of our many differences.
- What is one of your hidden talents? I recently found out that I am really good at making tasty vegetarian meals.
- If you could have donate 100k to any charity of your choice, which charity would it be and why? Doctors Without Borders. The work they do is tangible and serves so many different countries.
- Name one thing you want to do before you die. Backpack through Europe.
- Name a guilty pleasure. Reality T.V. I hate that I watch it. It is so mind numbing and sometimes I need that. So you will catch me watching Love and Hip Hop, the Real World, and Rupaul’s Drag Race.
- What is your biggest insecurity? Did you overcome it? How? My biggest insecurity is probably my existence. I try to play it off like I am chill and confident, which is tiring, but in reality, I am self conscious about even breathing. I am not the type of person who will ask you if my hair or outfit looks alright 1,000 times. I will quietly simmer in my own skin and hope no one notices. I have definitely come a long way, but I am working on it every day.
- How did you come up with your blog name? This is a great question! I am a very quiet person, but I make very good side comments that only a select number of people can actually hear, one might describe them as muted. In my mind, I think I have a lot to say, yet at the same time I do not, it is very conflicting. I was daydreaming in my dimly lit dining room and an image popped in my head; it was a battle between my brain and my tongue. And on March 5, 2018 Muted Mouthful was born.
- How long have you been blogging? Today is actually my one month blogging anniversary. I have never blogged before and I could barely keep a diary in the past. This one month went by very fast.
- What is up next for your blog? I do not know. I think about quitting because I am not sure what my direction is or if what I am saying makes sense (much like my everyday life). This is the first time I am actually taking a chance to publicly expose myself to strangers and most recently my family and friends. I am very apprehensive of how this will turn out.
- Where do you see your blog and yourself in the next 6 months to a year? Hmm interesting, I do not know. As far as blogging, I would like to think I will maintain my blog. Maybe I will add personal pictures to my blog instead of my mediocre drawings. Personally, I hope to be healthier both mentally and physically.
Now for my nominees
- Laketra BFF
- How to Be James
- That Deaf Girl
- Bettering YOU
- AJ’s Blog
- Lebana’s Journal
- Girl With the Paw Print Tattoo
- Mind Over Mood
Here are my 11 questions:
- What are your hopes for your blog?
- Where do you go to find peace?
- What age do you feel on the inside?
- If you could change three (3) things about your country, what would you change?
- Do you have any phobias?
- How would you describe your blogging voice?
- What is one goal you hope to achieve this year?
- If a genie granted you three (3) wishes right now, what would you wish for?
- What is your life motto?
- What inspires you?
- What advice you would give to a new blogger?
Categories: Tags, Challenges, & Writing Prompts