I cannot believe September is almost over! I tend to lose track of time, but I do feel I blinked in July and suddenly October is knocking. This month, in particular, has been filled with new experiences and wonders; I am honestly exhausted and I could use a solid two weeks’ slumber. I would also be perfectly fine with not leaving my apartment for the month of October. Alas, I would probably lose my job and my home if I did that, a girl can only dream.
Instead of focusing on all the things I do not want to do, I thought I would focus on all the positive experiences that have happened this month. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and I do not feel any regrets; I only feel tired.
Blogging and Social Media
- Made several new friends!
- This month marked my sixth month blogging
- I was nominated for three blogging awards (Thank you Sophia Ismaa, Em, and Laura Spoonie!)
- Made 200 followers on Twitter, which is still weird
- Every day this month I have written a 25-word story on Twitter
- I made a Facebook for some odd reason, but it exist *shrug*
- I stood my ground at work and firmly set boundaries
- I took an actual vacation and did not check my e-mails.
- Traveled to New Orleans
- I saw Hamilton and Childish Gambino back to back.
- Got a tattoo on a whim
- I entered an actual flash fiction contest- fingers crossed for placing top 10.
- Crafted a draft for a children’s book
October goals and expectations
- Continue to work on not taking myself too seriously
- Write a new chapter for my work in progress (I can say that now!)
- Craft of cover letter
- Engage more
- Keep blogging
- Ignore the doubtful voices in my head
- Avoid trick-or-treaters
I hope September has treated you well!
Cheers to a low-key October!