My Christmas spirit is nonexistent at the moment, this may be the perfect way to set the mood. Thank you, Fox!
1. Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
I prefer giving gifts. I am HORRIBLE at reacting well to receiving gifts, it comes off as being ungrateful but it’s actually because I feel someone’s time and money is better spent elsewhere.
2. Do you make and stick to new year’s resolutions?
I try to make a small resolution, which I keep for 2 months.
3. Have you ever made a snowman?
Yes I have!
4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake, and what theme do you prefer?
Our Christmas tree is fake and the theme is “it came like this.” That includes all of the original tags.
5. Most memorable holiday moment?
When I was six, the door bell rang late Christmas Eve. My older brother went to check and said Santa left something for me. I ran to the door to see a present on the stoop. I was so surprised! Shortly after my dad came through the door and I was also surprised and happy to see him too. I told him he had just missed Santa. I didn’t make a connection that it was him until YEARS later.
6. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
We are still trying to develop our own holiday traditions. I think one is opening gifts a week before Christmas because neither one of us can wait any longer.
7. What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?
I appreciate all Christmas gifts and received so many good ones.
8. What are your favourite holiday foods?
Candied yams and peanut butter blossoms.
9. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I always look forward to the old school claymation films. The Year Without Santa Claus is my favorite.
10. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Christmas music is not for me, I’ll always sing a long. However, since childhood, my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night.
11. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
The time off and family.
12. What would be your dream place to visit at Christmas time?
Any where really, maybe Quito or London.
13. Who do you spend Christmas with?
The past two Christmas we have stayed home. If we travel to NY, we try to split time between both of our families.
14. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
I think it’s pretty common in latinx households to celebrate on Christmas Eve aka Noche Buena. So, I tend to get excited on the 23rd.
15. You have one Christmas wish- what will it be?
12 more wishes (like 12 days of Christmas, get it 😉)!