To exist- to survive, as is- is a lot of hard work. The effort that you put into each day is remarkable. I hope you can take a moment to yourself, breathe, and feel kindness and grace flow through you. I am proud of you for making it to the end of another week.
Take what you need, friends.
- I am tired.
- I am trying my best.
- I am proud of myself for persevering.
- What I am doing is not easy.
- This week was a shit week, but I will be okay.
- I will cry as many times and as much as I need.
- I hate people, and I need people.
- I welcome doing nothing.
- I can take my time. I can slow down.
- I can make hard choices.
- I can choose myself.
- I do not have to earn rest.
- I do not have to talk to anyone I do not want to.
- I am still learning about what I need and how to meet my needs.
- I cannot rescue everyone.
- I will accomplish what I can handle. I will leave the rest for later.
- It takes a lot of physical, emotional, and mental energy to keep myself alive.
- I need more time than others to recover and recharge. I will not compare my needs to theirs.
- I am not in a good space right now. It’s hard to see a way out, but I know it will not last forever.
- Though I try, I cannot self-care my way out of systemic and structural oppression.
- I need to give myself more credit for surviving each day.
- I deserve a pat on the back for all the bullshit I navigate.
- It should not be this hard. I am more than deserving of goodness and ease.
- I am soft and fragile. I do not need to be resilient.
- Today I will be on the floor. Tomorrow, I will try again.
Categories: Encouragement Corner